||Addax Petroleum | Coordinator Construction Services - Ref: 03-SF-03 | 2010-01-05
|• To carry out all construction supervision activities required for the successful delivery of projects
• Ensure that contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising the interfaces with other ongoing APDNL activities.
• Ensure that contractors have an acceptable HSE Plan for the work in question.
• Participate in Job Hazard Analyses as required.
• Attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractors' work teams.
• Ensure that contractors maintain adequate records for all inspection and testing
• carried out.
• Participate, with contractors' staff and APDNL Operations staff, in all pre- commissioning activities.
• Ensure the raising of necessary Permits to Work, and maintain a close liaison with Operations staff on all matters which could affect production capacity/ capability, or present a hazard to APDNL’s existing production assets.
• Control all APDNL-supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
• Ensure that contractors have a Quality Plan for the work.
• Ensure that contractors produce as-built drawings where such form part of the contract scope of work.
• Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, as well as providing early warning of potential slippage; in the case of the latter, propose remedial actions so that "required for production" dates are not jeopardised.
• Maintain adequate records relating to any work components which may give rise to contractors claiming for cost increases.
• Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
Required Skills & Experience
HNC technical diploma or degree in an engineering discipline
• Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience with an oil industry fabrication contractor and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
• Must have at least 5 years of experience at the shop supervisory level
• Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
• Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
• Experience in oil facilities construction work is essential, especially working on facilities expansions where simultaneous production and construction operations are required.
• A moderate understanding of mechanical construction and testing works.
• Good understanding of planning both day to day work, as well as longer term.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines while at the same time maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for piping fabrication, welding, and related testing requirements, is a prerequisite.
• Must have ability to direct work related to the installation, testing and commissioning of piping systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential for dealing with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles, as well as being able to fit in as a team player.
• Fit and fully mobile, so as to provide supervision at the various locations where activities related to the work will be carried out.
• A self starter, able to plan and work his own way forward at locations remote from Company project engineering and engineering management staff.
• Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with other contractors
• Ability to read fabrication drawings
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint) a strong asset
• Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain respect both internally and externally with 3rd parties.
• Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
• Self starter, results-driven and focused on timely, accurate and high quality delivery
• Able to hold own ground when challenged, but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.