||Addax Petroleum | Senior Coordinator, Construction Services - Ref: 04-P-11 | 2009-12-28
|1. Single point accountability for completing all fabrication, installation, hook up and commissioning works for Projects safely, on time and budget and in accordance with the specified quality requirements.
2. Prepare and maintain a set of Construction procedures that clarify the roles and responsibilities of the Construction team and how this interfaces with other sections both within and outside Facilities and containing the applicable procedures to be followed from initial drawing and constructability reviews through to handover to Production.
3. Provide guidance and supervision to a team of CSR’s, Commissioning Engineer and Site Materials / Logistics Coordinators, comprising both expatriates and Nationals.
4. Participate in and coordinate Constructability Reviews, Risk Assessments and Job Hazard analyses.
5. Coordinate the preparation of Execution Plans, Work Packs and associated Job Cards for offshore works managed and supervised directly by Company.
6. Review construction contractors' work procedures and assess contractors' personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
7. Review contractors proposed Execution Plans, Schedules and Resourcing Plans for suitability for the work, recognising interfaces with other ongoing APDNL activities.
8. Review Contractor’s Quality and HSE Plans with Company appointed 3rd party inspectors and ensure compliance with the agreed plans
9. Coordinate materials identification, inspection and testing and supply to work sites, in liaison with Facilities Procurement section and Corporate SCM Dept.
10. Ensure appropriate control and records kept for all APDNL supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
11. Coordinate daily and weekly progress reporting.
12. Monitor the overall progress of contractors against schedule, provide early warning of any potential slippage and take timely action to remedy the situation in coordination with the assigned Project Engineer / Manager and ensure that key milestone dates are maintained.
13. Participate in and coordinate HSE and QA/QC audits and inspections to ensure contractors compliance with specified standards and procedures.
14. Monitor resource requirements based on future work activities and provide timely indication of increased (or decreased) requirements to the Manager of Projects.
15. Monitor services provided by other Project Sections, including HSE, QA/QC and Procurement, and take timely action to rectify any shortfalls directly with the Service Provider or the Manager of Projects.
16. Hold regular construction progress and coordination meetings to ensure all parties are properly aligned for execution of the work.
17. Coordinate handover process to Production department.
18. Ensure that contractors maintain and submit adequate records for all inspection and testing carried out.
19. Ensure that all CSR’s keep detailed records of the events surrounding the work, which may be used to review and challenge contractors proposed cost or schedule increases.
20. Ensure accurate as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same.
21. Prepare and coordinate the completion of construction inputs to Close Out Reports and facilitate Lessons Learned Reviews where appropriate.
Required Skills & Experience
University Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred, although lower qualifications can be accepted where experience levels are demonstrably high and appropriate to job requirements.
Chartered Engineer preferred.
At least 15 years experience of Upstream Oil & Gas Projects, with a minimum of 10 years experience in relevant Construction Management positions, preferably on the Operator side.
Previous experience of working in Nigeria is strongly preferred.
Excellent understanding of fabrication, installation, hook up and commissioning processes and associated management techniques applied in the Upstream Oil and Gas construction business both onshore and offshore.
Commercially astute, with sound good knowledge of construction contracts and applicable contract law.
Excellent communication and team building skills.
Strong leadership skills.
High levels of safety awareness.
Strong character capable of standing up to and defending Company’s position with most senior Contractor personnel.
Target driven, forward thinking, well organised and interactive.
Comfortable working with a multinational / multicultural team in a challenging and often stressful environment.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.