||Addax Petroleum | Onshore Construction Site Representative (CSR) - Ref: 04-P-07 | 2009-12-28
|1. Carry out all construction and fabrication supervision / monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the Contracts assigned.
2. Comply with Company procedures and reporting requirements.
3. Implement Company HSE policies and Contract HSE requirement.
4. Participate in Job Hazard Analyses and Attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractors' work teams.
5. Assist in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
6. Close Liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place.
7. Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for slippage and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
8. Ensure Projects are completed and handed over on schedule.
9. Review Contractor’s quality plan with Company appointed 3rd party inspector, ensure compliance with the agreed quality plan
10. Prepare project close out and “lessons learnt” reports.
11. Implement Company HSE Plans, conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance
12. Review construction contractors' work procedures; assess contractors' personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
13. Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites, ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out, ensure as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same
14. Ensure Contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising interfaces with other ongoing APDNL activities.
15. Ensure that contractors maintain adequate records for all inspection and testing carried out.
16. Participate, with contractors' staff and APDNL Operations staff, in all pre- commissioning activities.
17. Control APDNL supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
18. Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract. Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
Required Skills & Experience
Minimum of HNC in a suitable engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 12 years in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, with at least 8 years in a similar position with an operating company, Nigerian / West African experience preferred.
• Extensive experience in onshore facilities construction work and offshore installation of platforms and pipeline laying in shallow water (5 – 50 m water depth), as well as working on facilities expansions where simultaneous production and construction operations is required.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for welding work and testing requirements for same is a prerequisite.
• A reasonable understanding of E & I construction and testing works.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential, for dealing with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles, as well as being able to fit in as a team player.
• Fit and fully mobile, so as to maintain the supervision at the various locations where activities related to the work will be carried out.
• A self starter, able to plan and work his own way forwards at locations remote from APDNL project engineering and engineering management staff.
• Proven experience of supervising and coordinating the activities of a team of a multi-discipline construction supervision team.
• Good communication and team building skills at all levels – able to lead and gain the respect of contractor and 3rd parties.
• Must be resourceful with the ability to improvise / prioritise when confronted with obstacles without loosing focus and attention to detail.
• Must be able to exercise relevant construction / installation judgement ensuring success of the assigned projects.
• Proven track record in managing multicultural situations.
• Results-driven, focussed on delivery and quality of the projects.
• Able to hold own ground when challenged by contractors, being able to present a balanced view when putting arguments forward.
• Comfortable working with a multinational, multicultural team.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.