||Addax Petroleum | Senior Coordinator, Projects - Ref: 04-P-04 | 2009-12-28
|Contributing to a team, and/or leading and developing teams to carry out all tasks needed to ensure the successful execution of assigned projects on time, within budget and with due regard to HSES:
Of particular importance are:-
1. Preparation of Project Execution Plans (PEPs), determine, and carry out contract strategies required for engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, installation and hook up and commissioning.
2. Project execution to adhere to the Addax Facilities Management System (AFMS) which uses the concept of gateway reviews and formal, systematic approvals.
3. Work with PMT to successfully manage and execute assigned Projects on a matrix basis making appropriate use of support groups available within Facilities. Where shortfalls exist, these are to be identified and corrective actions proposed.
4. Establish budgets for assigned projects and raise corresponding Approval-For-Expenditure requests (AFE’s), and monitor the same.
5. Establish individual project specific schedules and cost control procedures and monitor the same.
6. Carry out schedule and cost risk assessments on assigned projects and regularly review and update same. Establish a risk register and develop mitigation plans for all major identified risks.
7. Ensure engineering design of projects adequately accommodates for Production requirements in terms of operability and obtain Production acceptance of same.
8. Coordinate all assigned projects
9. Liaise closely with stakeholders (Asset and Production departments) on all aspects of the project execution including Permits to Work, shutdowns, and work coordination to ensure that the Projects are completed and formally handed over on schedule.
10. Provide project engineering support to Facilities Central Engineering in the preparation of Front End Engineering (PIN, Conceptual Engineering, and Field Development Planning).
11. Provide input to Technical Work Programmes and annual budgets as part of the annual business cycle.
12. Provide required reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) both on an overall consolidated project portfolio and individual project basis in accordance with Facilities reporting requirements.
13. Prepare Project close out and “lessons learnt” reports for each project upon completion.
14. Identify strengths and weaknesses of individual staff as a basis for managing their professional development and performance
Required Skills & Experience
Minimum of a University 2nd Class Honours degree in an engineering or relevant technical discipline.
Membership of a relevant Professional Institution preferred but not essential.
1. Minimum of 15 years experience in project, engineering and construction management, in the upstream oil and gas industry (both onshore and offshore).
2. Direct experience in onshore and offshore Facilities Engineering, Design and Construction work, especially in brown fields, green fields and live environments i.e. carrying out construction and production activities safely simultaneously is important
3. Previous experience of working overseas is an added advantage but not compulsory.
4. Working experience within multidiscipline and multi-cultural teams
5. Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSProject ).
1. Ability to deliver quality projects safely with due regard to the environment, on time and within budget.
2. In-depth understanding of Project Management systems and the application thereof.
3. Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
4. Sound understanding of the relevant engineering codes and standards.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles, as well as being able to lead a team.
6. Ability to manage project interfaces both internally and externally with contractors and authorities.
7. Sound understanding of HSES Management systems and the application thereof, in particular HAZOP’s and safety cases.
8. Apt presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information into well structured and meaningful management reports and presentations.
9. Fluent spoken and written English.
1. Excellent communication skill to communicate strategic, abstract, complex or critical long-term issues to a variety of audiences, ensuring a full understanding in others. Mediates in complex conflicts, resolving issues and inspiring others
2. Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
3. Proven track record of managing multicultural teams.
1. Highly organised and able to set and work towards clearly defined targets
2. Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain the respect of both own team members and 3rd parties
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.