||Addax Petroleum | Senior Coordinator, Projects - Ref: 03-SF-02 | 2009-12-28
|• To act as a focal point/technical authority for civil engineering questions throughout the engineering design, construction and installation phases of Company’s civil construction projects, most of which are onshore.
• To provide civil engineering input to other disciplines to assure that design outputs are consistent.
• To act as Company authority for the review of the civil engineering aspects of Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, installation procedures, etc.
• To act as required as the Company representative (civil) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
• To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions to avoid design deficiencies and installation delays.
• To assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the civil engineering aspects of Facilities design.
• To assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation (e.g. as related to testing, compaction, concrete, paving, equipment, pile driving, etc.)
• To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including surveys, permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
• To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
To assist in the development Nigerian pipeline engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
University Engineering Degree (Pipeline) – 2nd Class Honours or better
• Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience with an industry design and fabrication contractor
• Must have worked as a civil engineer/senior civil engineer for an Operator, and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
• Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
• Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years.
• Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
• Solid working knowledge of civil engineering codes and standards, with emphasis on oil and gas industry practices
• Have thorough knowledge of the civil aspects of the design of onshore oil production facilities, roads, buildings, schools, drillsites, etc. A similar knowledge of offshore oil and gas facilities is an advantage.
• Have the ability to utilise common software for analysis of civil design, installation and operating issues.
• To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to civil design, installation and operating issues.
• Provide input to Integrity Management and Planned Maintenance planning
• Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
• Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
• Apt reporting skills with the ability to write well structured and easily understood reports
• Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to 3rd parties.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
• Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint).
• Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain respect both internally and externally with 3rd parties.
• Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
• Proven track record of managing in multicultural situations.
• Self starter, results-driven and focussed on timely, accurate and high quality delivery.
• Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.