||Addax Petroleum | Lead Pipeline Engineer - Ref: 03-SF-01 | 2009-12-28
|• To act as a focal point/technical authority for pipeline engineering questions throughout the engineering design, construction and installation phases of Company’s pipeline projects, most of which are offshore.
• To provide pipeline engineering input to other disciplines to assure that design outputs are consistent.
• To act as Company authority for the review of the pipeline aspects of Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, installation procedures, etc.
• To act as required as the Company representative (pipelines) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
• To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions to avoid design deficiencies and installation delays.
• To assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the pipeline engineering aspects of Facilities design.
• To assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation (e.g. as related to pipe laying, risers, tie-ins, hydrotesting, welding, etc.)
• To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including surveys, permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
• To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
• To assist in the development Nigerian pipeline engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
University Engineering Degree (Pipeline) – 2nd Class Honours or better
• Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience with an oil industry design and fabrication contractor
• Must have worked as a pipeline engineer/senior pipeline engineer for an Operator, and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
• Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
• Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
• Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
• Solid working knowledge of oil and gas industry pipeline engineering codes and standards with emphasis on API standards
• Have thorough knowledge of the pipelining aspects of the design of onshore and offshore oil production facilities
• Have the ability to utilise common software for analysis of pipeline design, installation and operating issues.
• To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to pipeline design, installation and operating issues.
• Provide input to Integrity Management and Planned Maintenance planning
• To be the custodian of the company database for pipeline data as it pertains to company assets
• Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
• Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
• Apt reporting skills with the ability to write well structured and easily understood reports
• Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to 3rd parties
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
• Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint)
• Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain respect both internally and externally with 3rd parties.
• Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
• Proven track record of managing in multicultural situations.
• Self starter, results-driven and focussed on timely, accurate and high quality delivery
• Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.