||Addax Petroleum | Lead Structural Engineer - Ref: 02-CE-06 | 2011-02-14
|• To act as a focal point/technical authority for structural engineering questions throughout all phases of engineering design, construction and offshore installation (including sub-structures and topsides for offshore facilities)
• To provide structural engineering input to other disciplines to assure that design outputs are consistent.
• To act as Company authority for the review of Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, etc.
• To act as required as the Company representative (structural) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
• To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions related to structural design and weight estimation.
• To assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the structural engineering aspects of Facilities design.
• To assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation (e.g. as related to pile driving, lifting and upending, welding, etc.)
• To initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including surveys, permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
• To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
• To assist in the development Nigerian structural engineers
Required Skills & Experience
University Engineering Degree (Structural) – 2nd Class Honours
• Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience with an oil industry design and fabrication contractor
• Must have worked in as a structural engineer/senior structural engineer for an Operator and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects
• Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
• Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
• Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
• Solid working knowledge of oil and gas industry structural engineering codes and standards.
• Have thorough knowledge of the design of onshore and offshore oil production facilities
• Have the ability to utilise common structural design software for structural design and analysis
• To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to structural design aspects and weight estimation
• To establish and maintain a topsides weight database for both existing facilities and new-builds
• Provide input to Integrity Management and Planned Maintenance planning
• To be the custodian of the company database for soils data as it pertains to offshore assets (data for onshore assets is maintained by the Lead Civil Engineer)
• Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
• Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
• Apt reporting skills with the ability to write well structured and easily understood reports
• Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to 3rd parties
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
• Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint)
• Good communication and team building skills – well able to lead and gain respect both internally and externally 3rd parties.
• Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
• Proven track record of managing in multicultural situations.
• Self starter, results-driven and focussed on timely, accurate and high quality delivery
• Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
Pre-application questions: NO
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.