||SMEclub | Business Development Consultants | 2008-11-26
|Aspire Network is SMEclub's initiative to organize people who own small businesses (entrepreneurs) and those who hope to start businesses (aspiring entrepreneurs) into a national self-help group and provide them with resources to make it easier for them to achieve their goals. See www.smeclub.net/aspirenet for details.
We plan to have a cell in every part of every town in Nigeria, starting with Lagos. Each cell will be managed by a Cell Leader/Business Development Consultant. See www.smeclub.net/aspirenet/partners.php for details.
We want to start new cells in the following areas of Lagos within the next few months:
Abuje-Egba, Agege, Ajegunle, Apapa, Badagry, Egbeda, Epe, Idimu, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ikotun-Egbe, Isheri, Isolo, Lagos Island, LASU, LASPOTECH, Mushin, Ojodu, Oshodi, Somolu, Surulere, UNILAG, Yaba, Yaba Tech.
Required Skills & Experience
To qualify as a Cell Leader/Business Development Consultant you have to fulfill the following conditions:
- You must be passionate about working with small businesses and helping them grow.
- You must hold at least a bachelors degree or HND, preferrably in the social sciences
- You must have proven leadership qualities
- You must be familiar with computers, use of basic office software and the internet
- You must be able to commit at least 4 hours daily to your duties
- You should have sound business communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in enterprise development and provision of business development services would be an added advantage.
You will receive FREE training and support to enable you succeed as a Cell Leader & Business Development Consultant.
Your duties will include:
- Growing the network in your area by continuously recruiting members
- Ensuring that Cell members pay their dues promptly every month.
- Identifying and grooming new Cell Leaders who will manage new cells as the network grows
- Distributing publications and marketing materials to members and others in your area
- Finding a suitable venue for members of the Cell to meet at least once a month
- Finding resource persons in your area to speak on specialized subjects at the meetings. The regular meetings also double as learning sessions
- Introducing members to income-making opportunities: the Growth Incentive Scheme, PromoNET and others as they are introduced
- Helping members register on website and use the portal services: MoniPort, ContactPro, EventPro, XpatSurveys, etc.
- Facilitating the Entrepreneurship Development Workshops
- Sourcing and making available equipment required to make the workshops successful, e.g. multi-media projector, flip chart, magic markers, etc.
- Gathering and maintaining a stock of required training aids such as sample cheque books, receipts, invoices, etc.
- Helping members open a bank account with our partner bank(s) in the area
- Helping members conduct their market research and write their business plans
- Helping members find professional service providers for services such as business registration, tax consulting, marketing, etc.
- Building and maintaining good relations with government officials, regulatory agencies (e.g. NAFDAC) and professional bodies in your area to maintain a friendly business environment for members.
- Carrying out periodic surveys in your area to better understand your markets and position appropriately in those markets
- Coming up with new product/service ideas to increase ’s impact in your area
- Identifying institutions with whom can partner to increase its impact and recommending same to management.
Pre-application questions: YES
To apply for this job, add it to your job box or email this job to a friend,
please sign in or register for free.